Meet Your Doula-Deb Lloyd <3
Meet Deb! Deb is one of the most nonjudgmental, calming and comforting postpartum doulas you could have on your support team. When she is not working with clients, either during the day time or throughout the night, she really is just an all around funny and wonderful person to know! Enjoy a little dip into her personality from these great conversation starters below.
1. What's your favorite piece of clothing you own?
My Snoozie slippers. They are hands down the most comfortable pair of slipper I’ve ever worn and I will never settle for less.
2. What job would you be terrible at?
ANYTHING requiring me to be outside for any length of time.
3. If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning a medal for?
"Marathon" Netflix and Amazon watching.
4. What are some small things that make your day better?
Always coffee, chocolate, and knowing my family is safe and sound.
5. What shows are you into?
I like most anything put out by Masterpiece Theater and the BBC. Poldark, Call the Midwife, Broadchurch, Happy Valley, to name a few. The list is pretty endless.
6. What would be your ideal way to spend the weekend?
Doing anything with my husband, whether it’s just staying home or heading off someplace together. I’m sure this sounds boring, but I’d be content.
7. What is your favorite genre of movie or book?
For both books and movies I’d have to say I like thrillers or suspenseful stories with a twist. I like it when I don’t see the end coming. I’d be lying if didn’t admit that I also like the Avenger movies.
8. What quirks do you have?
I like Doritos more than chocolate, but I don’t eat them very often because they give me headaches. I sometimes put frozen okra in my smoothies. I don’t like to watch any movie more than once, but I’ve watched the BBC version of North and South over six (or seven or eight but who’s counting) times. I also wear an eye mask at night. Isn’t it kind of quirky that there are a lot of answers to this question?
9. What is something you will NEVER do again?
I will never ever ever trap gypsy moths for the NC Department of Agriculture again. Never ever.
10. What do you wish your brain was better at doing?
Definitely remembering things better.
11. What is one of your favorite smells?
I like cinnamon and allspice and vanilla.
12. What do you regret not doing when you were younger?
I don't regret taking a year off from college. I didn't get to graduate with the friends I'd made freshman year, but I did meet my future husband when I returned.
13. What bends your mind every time you think about it?
Math in general. Thinking about this answer literally hurts my head.
14. What's the best thing you got from your parents?
My sense of humor definitely comes from my dad and my meatball recipe from my mom.
15. What's one responsibility you really wish you didn't have?
I’d have to say grocery shopping. I used to enjoy it, but I think after all this time it’s just become too boring and redundant. I’m just not ready to relinquish control over it just yet, though.
Did any of these answers have you laughing out loud or very curious to hear the story behind it? There's some mystery behind that gypsy moth answer that is intriguing! Leave a comment and maybe she will share some more detail about that one!